#1 aznriceboi1011

aznriceboi1011

Does too manyy orbitals

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:glowstringing
  • Myspace

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

since i am flying to san francisco to visit cousins, will the security allow me to board with glowsticks in my bag?

#2 Guest_Blitz_*

Guest_Blitz_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

i recently flew to chicago earlier this summer with 4 in my bag, and they didnt say anything

however, with the laws how they are now, they might be strict with bringing liquids as a carry on (and glowsticks hold sufficient liquid to be considered unsafe... lol)

If you're bringing under 10, I wouldnt sweat it... you can always get more here, but if you're bringing a bunch I'd either check it or mail it

#3 aznriceboi1011

aznriceboi1011

Does too manyy orbitals

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Myspace

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Blitz @ Aug 21 2008, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i recently flew to chicago earlier this summer with 4 in my bag, and they didnt say anything

however, with the laws how they are now, they might be strict with bringing liquids as a carry on (and glowsticks hold sufficient liquid to be considered unsafe... lol)

If you're bringing under 10, I wouldnt sweat it... you can always get more here, but if you're bringing a bunch I'd either check it or mail it

im bringing 2 pairs wrapped greens, and 2 pairs of unwrapped aqua ultras

#4 .:Sw3rls:.

.:Sw3rls:.

What about all my points D: ?!?!?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

you could always be safe and buy glowsticks in sanfran

#5 Guest_Blitz_*

Guest_Blitz_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:40 PM

yeah if you dont wanna risk it, people will have TONS at the meetup

hopefully ill be able to make it and see you there thumbsup.gif

#6 lucky13

lucky13

shuffler to wannabe a stringer

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Hardstyle, melbourne shuffle, and glowstringing.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

well, i had a whole bunch of dead ones when i was coming back home. i had like about 12 or so. They don't seem to mind. Well, that's here, i'm not too sure about you, man.

#7 Ph0toN

Ph0toN

Who Says You Can't Freehand With Table Lamps?

• GSC Staff Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts
  • Interests:Dancing, Music, Film

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

I flew with a crapload of them in my carry on bag, they didn't say a thing. Probably depends on the person at the security checkpoint though. Safest way is to put them in your checked luggage.

#8 aznriceboi1011

aznriceboi1011

Does too manyy orbitals

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Myspace

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:58 PM

so should i just put em in the bag with all my other stuff, or put it in my bag, but in a small plastic bag ohmy.gif so its noticeable

#9 Matthew

Matthew

Veteran Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:46 PM

you should call the airport and ask them, they'll let you know... that way you don't cause a scene, yourself any trouble, or lose your sticks.... i know you dont want to have them throwing ultras away in front of your face.

#10 aznriceboi1011

aznriceboi1011

Does too manyy orbitals

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Myspace

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:08 PM

any other experiences anyone wnats to share? im leaving tomorow morning, and im bringing 1 big bag (rectangular rolling ones) have all my stuff in it, and im bringing 4 wrapped greens, and 4 unwrapped ultras. where should i put them in the bag. PLEASE reply with serious answers, not stupid answers like "but them in ur pants and pretend your gay"

#11 Ph0toN

Ph0toN

Who Says You Can't Freehand With Table Lamps?

• GSC Staff Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts
  • Interests:Dancing, Music, Film

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Matthew @ Aug 22 2008, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you should call the airport and ask them, they'll let you know... that way you don't cause a scene, yourself any trouble, or lose your sticks.... i know you dont want to have them throwing ultras away in front of your face.

Haha before I flew I tried that. The guy I talked to on the phone was Indian or something and had no idea what a glowstick was, even after a detailed explanation and contacting his manager.

I suggest if you're really that worried about it put them in your checked luggage (the stuff they put in the cargo hold) and insulate them well in the middle of your clothing so they don't get cracked when the bags are thrown around. If it were me, I'd just put them in a pocket on my backpack and take the backpack on the plane. That's what I did before and it worked fine, even with 20+ sticks in the bag, cracked and uncracked.

And on a more messed up note I know of someone who got through 2 major airport security checkpoints last year while carrying weed in their pocket. So that goes to show you just how lax their security really is. It's all an illusion designed to keep people from wanting to carry something illegal on the plane. You should be fine taking glowsticks.

Edited by Ph0toN, 22 August 2008 - 09:18 PM.

#12 Selryam

Selryam

Dance.

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Art.
    Music.
    Dancing.
    Poetry.
    Video Games.
    Photography.
    Singing.
    Sports.
  • Facebook

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:20 PM

if they won't let you bring glow sticks on a plane bring the materials to make them! If the security wonders why you have those certain materials, tell them its..medication. lol.

#13 Cleric

Cleric

I make GSC look bad

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:28 PM

Just put em in the checked luggage. Technically the amount of fluid in them is over what your allowed i think so it's at the discretion of the person checking your bag.

#14 Lnathan9129

Lnathan9129

Veteran Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:Glowsticking, Sports, School, Games, hanging out with friends, etc. ^_^
  • Myspace
  • Facebook

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

when i went up to san fran last month i had 2 of em in my carry on bag. I got through just fine. on the way back i still had the 2 stix on me but they were dead cuz i had used them already .... but when i tried to go through the guys told me to take tehm out... long story short... they tossed em . So it definitley depends on the person at the security check point! O_o In my case, i really didnt care cuz they tossed my dead stix. >_< lol

#15 NightShade

NightShade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (aznriceboi1011 @ Aug 22 2008, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any other experiences anyone wnats to share? im leaving tomorow morning, and im bringing 1 big bag (rectangular rolling ones) have all my stuff in it, and im bringing 4 wrapped greens, and 4 unwrapped ultras. where should i put them in the bag. PLEASE reply with serious answers, not stupid answers like "but them in ur pants and pretend your gay"

so did your sticks get through? i am planning to go to San Francisco and bring some sticks back

#16 Hatboy

Hatboy

Veteran Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

did you know that some bombs terrorists use are kinda like glowsticks... except for ya' know, they explode

2 chemicals 1 seal smack the seal boom boom

#17 TinyLightShow

TinyLightShow

Ravers don't fall, they trip and roll!

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Myspace

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:15 AM

When I flew back from Denver, they didn't allow them on the plane for some reason.... they even asked if I had been raving lol but in any case, they still didn't let me have them on the plane cuz I was only backpacking and didn't have any luggage to store them in sad.gif

#18 Dogman

Dogman

I remember the future.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:epic spaces, epic places, interesting faces, wordless gazes.

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

So they allow them wrapped or not as long as they're in your checked baggage?

#19 invisigoth

invisigoth

Glowstick chems flowing through my vaines

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:glowstringing, poi, listening music, creating music, snowboarding, playing guitar.

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

my aunt flew from georgia to the netherlands last week with 230 glowsticks for me.

as long you put them in your checked luggage your good. it is allowed. she checked with the airport and i checked with the airport here in holland.\
both say it is allowed in your checked luggage. in your carry on luggage you have a limited amount of fluids u can carry

#20 NightShade

NightShade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (invisigoth @ Mar 18 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my aunt flew from georgia to the netherlands last week with 230 glowsticks for me.

as long you put them in your checked luggage your good. it is allowed. she checked with the airport and i checked with the airport here in holland.\
both say it is allowed in your checked luggage. in your carry on luggage you have a limited amount of fluids u can carry

i only plan to bring 4 wraped sticks and probably another pair or 2 unwrapped. I'm going to put them in clear bag in my carry on backpack. do you think that should be fine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users