#21 Shiesty

Shiesty

movin' and groovin'

• PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Fun.
  • Facebook

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:47 PM

I was really into the scene from 19-22 ish.

Mostly because it was fairly new and I had more dance clubs around than I could shake a stick at. Also there were many dj's playing electronica where I was..not just your normal "dance club" hip hop remixes.

Then my surroundings changed, but I didn't. I was a raver without a home. I was incredibly sad to begin with, then I realized that maybe it was over. I still love the music but without a venue, I am pretty much limited to my car and/or home.

I still feel though, if I had a venue to attend, I would be right back where I was several years ago.

With music, it really is "you are as young as you feel" I think.

I have encountered people from 14 - 65 at clubs before, so I do not personally feel there is an age limit to dancing, like there is with Halloween for example. If I get dressed up and go trick or treating, someone is probably going to call the police.

But as I think about it, you may get too old to bend and move and such as the youngsters can with time, but part of the scene I had always loved was the people. From the kid (used to be me) in the middle of the crowd, sweat dripping, heart pounding and dancing for 5 hours straight all the way to the older guys chilling in the back just grooving to the beats, everyone was having fun...

...in their own way.

And to me, thats what it is all about.

#22 MidnightToker

MidnightToker

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:I love raves obviously, but I'm a stoner first and always. I like body mods, I have 2 tattoos and I had a piercing but it was taken out. I'm hoping to get it redone and get a few others. I like reading, walking, and playing in the ocean.
  • Myspace

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:18 PM

My best friend is 41 and I'm just getting him into raving. =]
You're only too old when you feel too old, until then, do what you want and love what you do.

#23 Marz

Marz

Marz

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:glowstringing and listening to music and hangin out with others who like the same thing!
  • Myspace
  • Facebook

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:37 AM

i know i probably dont qualify for the 25+ age range im 20 and have been raving and glowsticking since i was fourteen and i havnt even thought of quitting none of it gets old for me ive got an addictive personality some ppl have told me idk keep doin it if u want if u leave thats on u but ive seen a fifty something year old woman doing the three beat weave with green 12 hrs and it was the coolest thing ive seen at a rave.cuz i really dislike ignorant disrespectful old geezers

#24 Daobobo

Daobobo

Post Whore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

I stopped because the risk isn't worth the payoff.

If I go to an undergrounder and it gets raided, I can lose my job.
I have a dream job teaching that I've been working my whole life to get. So, no undergrounders.

So if your life is stable and it's a risk to go, don't. It's not about being old, it's about having a better sense of priorities.

Also, I find I can meet people better outside of the raves.

#25 Osho

Osho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:18 AM

I'm 28, I still rave... in my sleep! 

#26 Dgloww

Dgloww

the anxious one

• PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:Freehanding, reading, writing, listnening, learning new things.
    guitar hero, ALL music (whats good is good), Driving, FOOD.
  • Myspace
  • Facebook

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

ive done thaat, lots of dreams,
my old mn'll vouch for me,
I sat straight up and was cuttn som clean traces and figure 8's
loool. ;; ) im 23 though, does that count, hes 25.

Edited by Dgloww, 01 February 2016 - 10:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users