• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Marn

Marn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

I am making some LED sticks but unfortunately I don't have any any durable glowsticks. All the glowsticks I have ever used end up breaking at the loop after an hour or 2. Where can I find glowsticks like the ones here? Is it possible to find them in a common store like Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Wal-mart?

http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/topic/11089-inovastick-v2-tutorial/

#2 InVaZn

InVaZn

Post Addict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Glowstringing, Piano, Badminton

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:45 PM

I get mine from Walmart or Home Depot

#3 Marn

Marn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

I get mine from Walmart or Home Depot

does Walmart or Home Depot have the ones like in that tutorial I linked? I looked at Walmart before in the party and toy sections but they are all bad and break after like 50 orbitals.

#4 zenith

zenith

zenith

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:stringing,hardstyle,girls,videogames,and more stringing

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:27 PM

my dad works at homedepot and he got me a pair the sucked balls the hook broke so i always went to party city the carry omniglows try those out they tend to be great and i think thats what they used for that tut :) good luck u can also order omniglows from extremeglow.com they sell ultras really cheap there

#5 aergonaut

aergonaut

Chris

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:glowstringing, video games, board/card games, fantasy/sci-fi, linguistics
  • Facebook

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

Try to look for the Color Bright brand in stores, if you don't want to order them online. They're generally pretty good quality, except for the little hook on the top, but you can cut that off easily and then the sticks are perfect and pretty durable.

Ordering online from a wholesaler is cheaper in the end, though, I think. extremeglow.com ships pretty fast and sells sticks pretty cheap, so check them out.

RE your question about the sticks used in the tutorial you linked: those are Color Brights. You can order 'em on extremeglow.com for, like, $0.80/ea., which is pretty good compared to the what I usually see in stores, especially as you order more than just a handful of pairs.

#6 JaredHimself

JaredHimself

ghost

• PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Glowsticking, Guitar, Metal, EDM, Earth, SPACE, Judo, Video games

HATS
  • Facebook

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:21 PM

if you get glowsticks at walmart don't get the ones in the toy aisle, they are really weak.

If you go to the camping section you should be able to find a 2 pack of glowsticks for 2 bucks. they are made by coleman and alot stronger than the others from what i've noticed.

#7 InVaZn

InVaZn

Post Addict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Glowstringing, Piano, Badminton

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

Yeah, get the ones from the camping section. The ones i got were pretty good. They're really strong.

#8 phox

phox

fashionista

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Bar Crawls, Drinking on Boats, Fast Women & Lemonade.

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:51 PM

I used the coleman ones from Target to make my inova's. haven't had any trouble with them, and they're my regular practice sticks, so they get some serious abuse!

#9 PoeticFox

PoeticFox

The Glowstringing Poet

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Fishing, Poi
  • Facebook

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:57 AM

Before the flowlights, i got a pack of 50 greens from extremeglow.com Good glowsticks. and only 35$ with shipping

#10 hLe

hLe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:54 AM

I get most of my glowsticks from Glowbrothers. The glowsticks are bright, and of course, cheap! Posted Image
Click here to enter the Glowbrothers website.

If you want really bright ones (I believe ultra bright ones don't last for too long), then you can go on eBay to search up some shops and sellers, because I don't know any website that sells ultra bright glowsticks internationally.
Here is an example of an ultra bright glowstick on eBay, and if you want more colours, I'm sure the seller has many more different colours for you to choose from. Posted Image

Hope this helped.
-hLe.

Edited by hLe, 18 July 2010 - 03:54 AM.

#11 Tico

Tico

Her Cox of the Grammar Gestapo

• GSC Staff Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Interests:Rowing, Law, poetry, Glowstringing (in any order)

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:01 AM

Extremeglow.com ships internationally but not exactly cheap (to the Netherlands, shipping cost are more than the actual value of the sticks).
Cheers

#12 Aquilae

Aquilae

Facebook.com/DJAquilae

• GSC Interim Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Interests:Producing and playing Trance music
  • Facebook

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:16 AM

If you're in the market for ultras, IMO extremeglow.com is the way to go. Check out their GL ultras.
Another option is Glowproducts.com ... Their ultras are very bright, and last much longer than the GL brand. Only thing is that they are hexagonal shaped, and the hook isn't AS durable as the GL sticks.

#13 wizard

wizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

oh man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users