• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Setsuki

Setsuki

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Music, Dolls, Origami, Art, Dancing, reptiles (mostly snakes)... and a lot of other things. :) I'm pretty eclectic when it comes to likes.

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

That is some crazy amazing glowsticking! XD

#22 xbadkaraokex

xbadkaraokex

Head of the Jedi Enclave

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:12 PM

common knowledge that all stringers roll eh i guess i missed that memo, i party sober 99% of the time and ive never rolled so... only times i dont party sober are when parties have cheap tequila... damnit my only weakness!

#23 maestro

maestro

Newb NOVA Stringer

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:music, stringing
  • Facebook

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

I like to roll every once in a while.

In fact, I'll even go so far to say I love a good roll with some good friends.

Surprisingly, glowstringing started and pretty much remains a sober activity for me. I've tried it while fucked up and it's just kind of frustrating. I use it just like I use the music I write - as a form of expression... and being anything other than sober prevents me from expressing what I need to express.

But I do love doing to raves and giving people who are rolling light shows. Melt faces. That sort of stuff.

When I was at a bassnectar concert in new york a few weeks ago, I had someone come up to me every 5 minutes asking if I had molly. Granted, I was wearing white UFO-style pants sitting on a comfy blanket at the back of the crowd with flowlights in my hands, glowbracelets on my arms, and glowsticks around my neck, but still, it got kind of cumbersome. I kept thinking people were going to come up and talk to me about poi or strike up an interesting conversation... but nope, all about the pills.

AS FOR THE ORIGINAL QUESTION:
I don't personally ask everyone around me if they're rolling, but I understand why others do. When I roll, I tend to distrust everyone around me who isn't (unless I know them very well). The fact is, if you're on MDMA, all you care about is feeling good and making other people feel good. If you're not on MDMA, you can easily take advantage of people that are... and for that very reason, it's nice to have a heads up if you're on the same plane.

Edited by maestro, 08 September 2011 - 04:28 PM.

#24 EuphoriaX

EuphoriaX

Veteran Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

Well I think they ask because of any of the following reasons:

1. They are probably rolling themselves.

2. They are looking for something and wanna see if u can help out.

(and of course the shadier reasons)....

3. They want to take advantage of you while you are in a vulnerable state.

4. They are D.T.'s

.............but I find its typically newer people who ask that question because most people who have long term experience with rolling can tell immediately when someone is rolling. The signs and mannerisms are unmistakable.

#25 capsftw1

capsftw1

faprag

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

I get asked this by basically every passing person. Problem with the scene where I live, is:
1. No one can control themselves
2. They don't appreciate events or music
3. They only go to raves in order to get super wasted

I'm not demonizing drug users, but in my area, it really is true. They only go to raves/parties in order to score different types of drugs, even unknown substances. However, I have gotten some interesting responses when I tell people I've been sober my entire life. My favorite one happens to be "Good for you man, I roll, but it's really not worth it."

My friend has this habit of totally freaking out and doing the butterfly (freehand) while screaming loudly until they leave. Weird, but it makes me laugh.

#26 Dgloww

Dgloww

the anxious one

• PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:Freehanding, reading, writing, listnening, learning new things.
    guitar hero, ALL music (whats good is good), Driving, FOOD.
  • Myspace
  • Facebook

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:32 PM

-There is a B I G difference, between using drugs, and being a drug addict-
`everybodygets highh sometimes you knoww,
what else can we do when we're feeliing loww.
So take a deep breathh and let it floww noww. "
i can enjoy glowsticks either way.
but it does add quite the effX.
so. worth. it.
WhY DoES iT feel S♡ Good.
So G♡♡D TOo BE Bad.
i would very much like a music note emoti
boy, oh boy
oh boy. oh boy.
be smart, Dont Ever, go full e tard.
zzzz

Edited by Dgloww, 26 September 2016 - 10:47 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users