Texas Halloween Meetup 2011 // All Ages // 10.29.11

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 LordHappyPantsXIII

LordHappyPantsXIII

Plans. I make them.

• PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Anything and everything under, above, and in the sun. I have an unnatural sense of curiosity.
    I'm also freakishly good at planning. Unfortunately, this is counteracted with my somewhat indecisive navigation abilities. "Hmm."
  • Facebook

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

Texas Halloween Meetup 2011

Posted Image

Date / Time:
Saturday 10.29.11
4:00 PM to 8:00 / 9:00-ish PM

Information:
Hey guys, it's time to start planning for the 5th annual Texas Halloween Meetup!

The date of this one is the Saturday that's two days before Halloween.

Unlike some previous years this will be strictly a one location meetup. We will not be going to a haunt, theme park or event afterward.

Please bring some sort of scary mask if you've got one, and if you've got a costume it would be awesome if you wore that as well. (Hey, it's a Halloween themed meetup!)

Music will be provided by a portable stereo Ph0toN is bringing. If you want to bring cd's, go for it.

This is a glowsticking only meetup. Fire poi is strictly prohibited in the area. If you want to do fire poi those of you who do are free to go to another location after the meetup. (Also fire poi is against park regulations.)

As always GSC Rules apply:
No Drugs
No Alcohol
No Drama
No Banned Members
No Battlers
No Illegal activities

This meetup has been greatly anticipated by many people so it should be one of the best ones of the year. Hope to see you guys there!

Event Location:
Towne Lake Recreation Area
1405 Wilson Creek Parkway
McKinney, TX

The location of this meetup will be in McKinney, TX, at the Towne Lake Recreation Area, at the same spot we've used countless times before. (The spot you have to cross the bridge to get to - yes we've got multiple spots we've used in the past! :D )

We'll meet in the back parking lot of the lake at 4pm and then move to a more secluded location hidden within the trees. The map below shows where the parking is, where we're meeting, and a rough sketch of how to get to the location from the parking lot.

Posted Image

The area of the park we're going to be has already been picked out (and used before!) due to it's scary looking nature. Here's some pictures of the area:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Websites:
Directions to the Town Lake Recreation Area
Town Lake Recreation Area Website

Roll Call:
GOING:
  • LordHappyPantsXIII
  • Ph0toN
  • PlusOn3

MAYBE:
  • PikaShuffle
  • Trance-rckr

NOT GOING:
  • Jebsax2006
  • Suzume
  • Valeranth

Edited by LordHappyPantsXIII, 28 October 2011 - 11:40 PM.

#2 Ph0toN

Ph0toN

Who Says You Can't Freehand With Table Lamps?

• GSC Staff Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts
  • Interests:Dancing, Music, Film

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:15 PM

I'll be there more than likely.

Just got the graphic image for the title done, I'm proud of it. Best looking one I've done for a halloween meet so far I think.

Happypants I don't know what you did to write that post but editing it it looks like there was an html explosion lol. We're gonna have to fix that so it can be edited in a timely fashion. :D

#3 LordHappyPantsXIII

LordHappyPantsXIII

Plans. I make them.

• PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Anything and everything under, above, and in the sun. I have an unnatural sense of curiosity.
    I'm also freakishly good at planning. Unfortunately, this is counteracted with my somewhat indecisive navigation abilities. "Hmm."
  • Facebook

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

I'll be there more than likely.

Just got the graphic image for the title done, I'm proud of it. Best looking one I've done for a halloween meet so far I think.

Happypants I don't know what you did to write that post but editing it it looks like there was an html explosion lol. We're gonna have to fix that so it can be edited in a timely fashion. :D

You're telling me.
I was sitting there looking at it and wondering just WTF had happened.
It probably didn't help that UTD's wireless internet was flickering in and out as I was working on it.

EDIT: Maybe it's just my laptop. But idk. The internet can be blamed for many things. I hope that it's just me that sees this mess of HTML.

Edited by LordHappyPantsXIII, 17 October 2011 - 02:25 PM.

#4 LordHappyPantsXIII

LordHappyPantsXIII

Plans. I make them.

• PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Facebook

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

Hmm. Right now, I don't think there is much that I can do for this post.
I'll probably have to rewrite it on one secure connection and get that graphic back in.

#5 Ph0toN

Ph0toN

• GSC Staff Support
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

Alright, after much work the main post now looks like a real meetup post. Woot we're having a meetup!

#6 LordHappyPantsXIII

LordHappyPantsXIII

Plans. I make them.

• PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Facebook

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

Alright, after much work the main post now looks like a real meetup post. Woot we're having a meetup!

After my failure to post, Mr. Ph0toN has saved the thread!
And we get to have an awesome meetup!!

#7 suzume

suzume

Pervy old sage...

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

i will try my hardest to get myself, misty, and other members to go to this =P

#8 Cody

Cody

AKA: Ange

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

This looks awesome, wish I could go.

Don't forget to also make an identical facebook event page for it as well. And also talk to Ph0ton about getting this up on the front page so it gets more attention.

You guys all have a blast!

#9 Jebsax2006

Jebsax2006

Facebook.com/DJAquilae

• GSC Interim Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Trance music
  • Facebook

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

Wish I could! I miss you guys! Have fun :)

#10 Ph0toN

Ph0toN

• GSC Staff Support
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:39 PM

*Plays the bump bump song

Bumpity Bump Bump Bumpity Bump Bump, BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP!

But seriously, bump?

Even more seriously, this is like a week and a day away. Anybody else confirming other than HappyPants and me? Look at the cool picture at the top of the thread. You KNOW that makes you want to go! So come on, lay aside your plans to eat cake with the march hare and come on out to the meetup!

#11 LordHappyPantsXIII

LordHappyPantsXIII

Plans. I make them.

• PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Facebook

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

*Doin that BUMP dance

I'm really excited to go to this 2 person (so far) meetup!
I should be ordering ultras soon!!

#12 LordHappyPantsXIII

LordHappyPantsXIII

Plans. I make them.

• PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Facebook

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

So, I've just got confirmation from PlusOn3.
He'll be making the trek from Sweetwater here to Dallas for this meetup!
Now, we'll have to do less running in our circle, Ph0toN!

#13 Ph0toN

Ph0toN

• GSC Staff Support
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

So, I've just got confirmation from PlusOn3.
He'll be making the trek from Sweetwater here to Dallas for this meetup!
Now, we'll have to do less running in our circle, Ph0toN!

Woohoo! 3 people attending!

Yes I think our legs and arms would've gotten tired with two of us trying to form a circle. :D

#14 PikaShuffle

PikaShuffle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Painting drawing etc.
    Melbourne shuffling (3 years)
    work outs
    pokemon games
    pc gaming
    shuffle meetups
    intresting hats
    kandi kandi kandi
    i know japanese:U

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

hey guys, im going to really try and go, i know yall dont know me, i just recently joined the site but i'd love to go to this meetup! just trying to find a ride there, i live out in forney so if anyone can give me a ride im like 30 miles from dallas:3

#15 Ph0toN

Ph0toN

• GSC Staff Support
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

hey guys, im going to really try and go, i know yall dont know me, i just recently joined the site but i'd love to go to this meetup! just trying to find a ride there, i live out in forney so if anyone can give me a ride im like 30 miles from dallas:3

You'd be very welcome to come. We always love having new members come to the meetups. Hope you can make it!

#16 Ph0toN

Ph0toN

• GSC Staff Support
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

Happypants, do you happen to have any external computer speakers that either run on batteries or plug into a wall socket? I'm going to dig around and see if I can find any but I'm not sure if I'll come up with anything. I've got something special planned for you guys if I can figure this one out.

#17 LordHappyPantsXIII

LordHappyPantsXIII

Plans. I make them.

• PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Facebook

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:38 PM

Happypants, do you happen to have any external computer speakers that either run on batteries or plug into a wall socket? I'm going to dig around and see if I can find any but I'm not sure if I'll come up with anything. I've got something special planned for you guys if I can figure this one out.

I do have a stereo that is easy enough to transport that I don't mind taking there.
EDIT: Ph0toN should call me before I leave.

PikaShuffle Posted Image
Posted Yesterday, 12:01 PM

Unfortunately, I live in Northern Dallas/Plano/Richardson area.

Edited by LordHappyPantsXIII, 29 October 2011 - 12:10 PM.

#18 Ph0toN

Ph0toN

• GSC Staff Support
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

I do have a stereo that is easy enough to transport that I don't mind taking there.

If I can't find any batteries for my little portable stereo then yours would be much appreciated. Also if you have any cd's of 2011 music that would be nice. I've been lagging behind with keeping up with the new music this year so all I'll be bringing is 2010 and previous stuff.

However, I've got a completely different idea in mind other than music with a set of powered speakers. I may try disconnecting the pair I've got on this computer and bringing them, they just don't work very well.

And lastly, I'll probably arrive around 5:00. I just woke up and it's already 3:11. Gotta get myself in order, I stayed up way way too late last night.

Edited by Ph0toN, 29 October 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#19 LordHappyPantsXIII

LordHappyPantsXIII

Plans. I make them.

• PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Facebook

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:36 PM

"To all the people who didn't come, you missed a great thing." - PlusOn3

Anyways, this was a great meetup!
It was amazing being able to see Ph0toN and PlusOn3 this weekend.
Even a meetup with only 3 people was a true GSC Meetup.
Looking forward to doing it again sometime.
A video should be coming soon.
And now, quotes.

PlusOn3 - "Is that him?"
LHP - "Ph0toN is neither bald nor mexican."

At the Panda Super Buffet:
After hearing a load of dishes fall and crashing around on the ground a random person in the back says, "YOU touched it!"

PlusOn3 - "All this meat!!" (We were watching Epic Meal Time.)

#20 PlusOn3

PlusOn3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

Lol it was fun no matter how many people were there, and i actually learned some things :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users