• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Verticy

Verticy

Poster

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hey Nitro! You told me to post up a topic asking for you! If you need a more specific description I'm the guy in the black shirt that you gave tips on the triquetra (which I nailed a minute after you told me how to do it and now look cleaner than ever, thank you very much!)

#2 Aquilae

Aquilae

Facebook.com/DJAquilae

• GSC Interim Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Producing and playing Trance music
  • Facebook

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/user/31461-afro-nitr0/

HOwdy!

#3 Afro-Nitr0

Afro-Nitr0

Kirby's amry of darkness minion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with friends, glowstringing, and EDM =)
  • Myspace

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHA YOU POSTED ON GSC =D

Good to see you man, it was really nice meeting you at beyond! Everyone on the community is super nice and friendly and here to help.

Didn't need the description, the minute I saw the topic I knew who this was haha. Do you have a youtube?

#4 Verticy

Verticy

Poster

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Oh! Haha well I'm sure you met a lot of people so I decided to be a bit specific xD

Heres my youtube, give me a sec to take my videos off unlisted xD

http://www.youtube.c...49?feature=mhee

#5 Afro-Nitr0

Afro-Nitr0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Myspace

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA-pohY3sA4&feature=plcp&context=C4a54bbdVDvjVQa1PpcFPk_mwWpE6D1-H2RIZ3Tt9sZwDAMeziCBg%3D

This video was amazing! How long have you been stringing? It seemed like when I saw you after seeing that you didn't give it 100%. Maybe I'm crazy but had I saw you do that at Beyond I would have went crazy haha.

#6 Verticy

Verticy

Poster

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Haha thanks! I couldn't contain myself when Dash Berlin dropped that song! I must have looked something like that when Arty dropped Satellite Dynamics xD

And when you saw me I kinda wasn't lol It was late and I was tired, hungry, thirsty and just overall pooped xD I still need so much more practice.

Edit: Been stringing a lil over 2 years!

Edited by Verticy, 20 March 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#7 Afro-Nitr0

Afro-Nitr0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Myspace

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

Haha thanks! I couldn't contain myself when Dash Berlin dropped that song! I must have looked something like that when Arty dropped Satellite Dynamics xD

And when you saw me I kinda wasn't lol It was late and I was tired, hungry, thirsty and just overall pooped xD I still need so much more practice.

Edit: Been stringing a lil over 2 years!

Ahh I c I c. Makes sense now =D But yea that was amazing. I went up to you when I first got there and I asked if you were in GSC and you looked at me like I was crazy so I walked away. Granted I never introduced myself but I am glad I ended up seeing you after that. I always get excited when I see a fellow glowsticker at a rave and I have no idea who they are but they start doing moves that are abnormal for a newbie.

Anyway here is a video I filmed from the night, not sure if you were with our group at the time but here ya go!

Also Sean *aka* Demo was there, and a bunch of other stringers I just can't remember everyone haha.

#8 Verticy

Verticy

Poster

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

Haha I'm sorry! Didn't mean to be rude! It's because everyone that night came up to ask me if I was in GSC and since I'm aware of the drama that happened a while ago I wasn't sure exactly what to say. So most of the time I just gave some kind of response that would remain neutral. xD

And thanks! I was never part of a community, I tried this one long ago but it's so tightly knit....didn't feel like I had a chance to belong!

I saw your video twice already! Saw it in the Tech Glowstringing group :D Dude! All your stuff was awesome! Loved the 4 string stuff! And the stalls were beyond sexy towards the end @_@

I saw A LOT of stringers for an event.. More than I've ever seen! I had always heard of you but never did I think I'd meet you xD Some NorCal stringers also found me and asked me to go with them....but I couldn't stick around. :(

#9 Afro-Nitr0

Afro-Nitr0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Myspace

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

Yea we are all super friendly. Don't let the drama from the past make you think that people on here are bad. Shit happens but everyone in the community is super nice and want to see you get better at stringing. You just gotta talk and be apart of it =D that's the only way to really know.

Sucks you heard all of that stuff but I am glad you had a great experience at beyond man!

#10 Verticy

Verticy

Poster

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

Haha it didn't change my opinion of GSC at all. In the end I actually sympathized more with GSC but that's not an issue at this point xD

I honestly didn't think this place was even as active since facebook groups kind of took over! You gotta admit communication there is faster than forums. haha

#11 Afro-Nitr0

Afro-Nitr0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Myspace

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Haha it didn't change my opinion of GSC at all. In the end I actually sympathized more with GSC but that's not an issue at this point xD

I honestly didn't think this place was even as active since facebook groups kind of took over! You gotta admit communication there is faster than forums. haha

yea... Facebook has become the Forum killer haha in all shapes and sizes. It's hard to compete against something that EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM USES ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME. I deactivate my facebook almost all of the time and only reactivate it for a week when i post a new video on tech glowstringing. Other then that... I hate facebook and the idea of it all together.

#12 Verticy

Verticy

Poster

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Haha I don't even know why I have one....I'm thinking about deactivating it soon now that you have me thinking about it. It's a real time killer. -_-

Btw, I've been meaning to ask you for some advice. I actually got picked to perform for Fresh Anniversary as an opportunity to represent glowstringing in the full spectrum of rave arts for the festival :D (or at least that's what it was for last I checked)

I noticed that when you were stringing you played an amazing part as an entertainer. Something that I have never been able to do very well. xD What moves have you gotten the best crowd reactions with? (In terms of flowers, triquetras, or even...orbitals. xD)

#13 Rorok

Rorok

I live above 150 bpms

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Yeah, though some of us are still here nitro. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, I MISS J0000000! Anywho, welcome to the site Verticy.

And dude, who cares about the drama in the PAST. thats why its the past. Not sure why people would walk up to you and say that, thats kinda rude...Just cause someone else may not like someone on here, doesnt mean they should ruin something for someone else....

Going to edc?

#14 Verticy

Verticy

Poster

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

haha like I said, it doesn't matter to me. And I'm in a lot of Texas glowstringing groups and have debated with them and GSC always comes up...almost like an insult. -_-

And thanks for the welcome :D I don't think I will be going to EDC....it's too great of an expense for me to handle at this point. :(

#15 Afro-Nitr0

Afro-Nitr0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Myspace

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

To answer your question. Energy. Doesn't matter what you do as long as you come out with a bunch of energy. I have found that is what gets people pumped. At the same time you have to understand there are two ways people glowstring.

I would get into this more but I g2g to work, I will finish this when I get back!

#16 Verticy

Verticy

Poster

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

I will be waiting for your answer! You already have me interested :D

#17 Rorok

Rorok

I live above 150 bpms

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Most of us stay in tinychat if you ever wanted to meet more people. Im on poor funds, so i cant even glowstick, or progress :(, so i just stay in TC. Usually night time, the room can get packed. Sucks you're not goin to EDC. What about you nitro?

#18 JaredHimself

JaredHimself

ghost

• PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Interests:Glowsticking, Guitar, Metal, EDM, Earth, SPACE, Judo, Video games

HATS
  • Facebook

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

dude nitro, i just watched that 3 year vid you posted... YOU GOTTA SHOW ME HOW YOU DO THAT ONE HANDED STUFF!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users